Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Geoblogosphere aggregator

I have started a new experiment to test my ageparser tool: I will try to determine the 'chronostratigraphic pulse' of the geoblogosphere which I intend to publish monthly.

As a starting point I have created a geoblogosphere aggregator, which collects titles, urls etc from the RSS feed of as may geoblogs as possible, basically those blogs listed here in geoberg.de. Check it out.. new blogs can be entered by visitors themselves. The next step will be to add stratigraphic information which will be extracted automatically from the blog content. If you are interested how this works visit my agesearch toy..

Currently listed blogs are:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ping...

Anonymous said...

“Pulse of the geoblogosphere” sounds interesting – but what exactly do you mean with it?
Thanks for the info!


Also, perhaps you should use the “geo” feed for my blog (http://blog.effjot.net/), to avoid interference by random ramblings and cooking recipes…

Cheers,
FJ

Robert Huber said...

I will try to illustrate on what stratigraphic periods or whatever the blogosphere focuses on. Maybe this will change over time so and will give some kind of a 'stratigraphic pulse'..
Thanks for the new feed !

Ron Schott said...

Any reason my Geology Home Companion didn't make the list? Were the GigaPans causing trouble?

Robert Huber said...

Thank you Ron, I have added your blog to the list..

If you miss other blogs on the list just click the 'Add Blog' link and you can enter these blogs yourself..

Anonymous said...

For visualising the blog activity in various units you might be interested in “sparklines” as used e.g. in the sidebar of the blog aggregator planet.lisp.org (more info).